Long ago when introduction of mobile phones revolutionized the communication industry, nobody dreamed that the power of computing can be packed in this small device. With the cumulative efforts of dedicated engineers and emerging technology, we made a giant leap in the direction of Smartphones. A Smartphone is a mobile phone that offers advanced computing features and connectivity. It can be considered as a portable computer integrated within a mobile phone. The virtuoso of industry analyzed the growth in demand for more powerful smartphone devices that can provide hi-speed processors, abundant memory, stable operating systems and larger screens. Keeping this need in mind, the key player of consumer electronics- Apple launched iPhone.
iPhone 4 is a 4th generation of iPhone and a successor to the iPhone 3GS. The gizmo is said to hit the US Market on 24th June, 2010 at a price of $199 USD for the 16GB (white) model and $299 USD for 32GB (black) model. You can purchase this gadget from Apple Store. At present, AT & T holds the exclusive rights. Though it will be also available as SIM-Free in some countries. Even before its launch, 600,000 units are already pre-ordered. This shows that people are really dying to try their hand on the new incarnation of the iPhone.
Features of iPhone 4 –
- Physical Dimension – 110 * 59 * 9.3 (mm); the new industrial design makes it the slimmest phone in the world.
- The core technology is chipped in-between two glossy panels of aluminosilicate glass. It is chemically manipulated for our needs – It is 20 times stiffer and 30 times harder than plastic, claims to be scratch resistant and ultra durable. The new iPhone 4 respects Mother Nature and the panels used are completely recyclable.
- The primary structure is built using Stainless Steel and the build quality is really impressive. The components are tightly packed maintaining structural rigidity but it is not heavy at all- It weighs 136.08 gram. The side buttons are classic in look and contains both the antennas for transmission and reception.
- Apple A4 Processor – The name speaks for itself. It is an efficient mobile processor which is capable of multi-tasking. Multi-tasking refers to running various applications (including third party applications) and instantaneously switching between them without consuming much from battery Multi-tasking is done with the help of 512Mb of RAM. A Micro-SIM is used for storing the data. A bigger battery comes with a promise of 7 hours of talk time, 6 hours of 3G browsing, 10 hours of Wi-Fi browsing, and 300 hours of standby.
- Retina Display – The screen is truly magnificent. It is next to impossible to locate the pixels. The screen is full of life. It would be difficult to get your eyes off the screen. The screen size is 960 by 264 with LCD display. With such a large screen to work on, the APPLE team provided an extra feature of ‘Multi-Touch’. Multi-touch is basically a technique of transmitting information in an innovative way. It registers a set of ‘hand gestures’ and thus executes corresponding actions linked with it.
- Dual-Side Camera – It comes with a high quality 5.0 Mega Pixel camera with built-in LED flash. Even in low-light conditions, it yields great images. It has a VGA camera in the front and a 5.0 Mp camera at the rear panel. The rear camera records High-Definition video in 720p @ 30frames/sec. Optical Zoom of 5x can come in handy for many users. The videos can be edited by introducing themes and transitions. The dual camera supports the ‘FaceTime’, which is basically an integrated video conferencing tool which connects two or more iPhone 4 models via WI-FI network.
- Audacity – It comes with 2 Mic- systems. The main mic is located at the bottom and the auxiliary mic is given next to the headphone jack. Dual-Mic suppresses the noise and enhances better communication.
- Gyroscope – It is a digital compass. What’s new in this gyroscope is that it provides precise accuracy of 3-axis coordinates. Accelerometer – This device helps in detecting acceleration, shake, vibration shock, or fall by detecting linear acceleration along one of three axes (X, Y and Z). Together they enable the user to determine how fast and far the object can reach with accuracy.
We can create folders and organize applications for fast access with ease. iPhone 4 will be a style statement for those who believe in flaunting technology with style.
Stay Digified !!