I downloaded the NetBeans for my expedition in Ruby on Rails and first thing i wanted to do was change the background to black. I searched internet as i am not a very big fan of NetBeans (though i should admire the best IDE). Well i couldn’t find much of help online, so i figured out through the offline help and wanted to put something in here, so that more of users can gain that quickly. Follow the steps to do the same.
- Click Fonts & Colors in the Options window.
- Click Duplicate next to the Profile drop-down list to open the Create New Profile dialog box.
- Type a name in the Create New Profile dialog box.
- Modify the settings in the Options window.
- Click OK to close the Options window.
Now you can have whatever color you want to.
Note: You can also switch to the Norway Today or City Lights theme if you want the black background with other default settings.