In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TED has created a program called TEDx. TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. TEDxCHD (where x = independently organized TED event) is one such TEDxEvent; we are organizing at Chandigarh. At TEDxChandigarh event, TEDTalks video and live speakers will combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group.We aim to provide a platform where the smartest thinkers, greatest visionaries, and most fascinating teachers will be inspired and will have the opportunity to inspire others.
Our conference will be held at the Government Museum and Art Gallery, Sec – 10 , Chandigarh on 31st May from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM, and will be centred around the theme: Education and Enterprise.
The diverse group of students, faculty, and corporates present will be able to learn from one another, both as speakers and as attendees, and will leave the conference driven to creatively improve our collective future. Whats better ? We are going totally PAPERLESS. It will be the first of its kind event without the use of paper in any form and we are really excited about it.
TEDxCHD is helping introduce some of the most fascinating thinkers and doers to a world stage. Speakers list include:
- Dr. Gaurav Chhabra (Founder Director, Humlog.org)
- Rakesh Bhatia (Co-founder and COO at Innovative Solutions)
- Divya Bhasin (CEO and Co-founder Visual Mobile Pvt. Ltd.)
- Vishal Gandhi (Vice President – Life Sciences & Technology, YES Bank Limited)
- Vijay Nair (TED India fellow & founder Only Much Louder – oml.in, Only Indian to be awarded Young Music Entrepreneur of the Year 2009)
- Dr. J N Sharma (Honorary Director, Dept. of Gandhian Studies Panjab Univeristy)
- Dr. Vinod Dumblekar (CEO MANTIS.com)
- D R Mehta (Founder & Chief Patron, Jaipur Foot Organization — Featured in TOP 50 Inventions of 2009 by TIME and CNN for designing $20 JaipurKnee)
Performance By :
Zanskar (Hindi Rock Band)
In Talks with :
- Abhinav Bindra (Current World and Olympic Gold Champion, Shooting)
- Raghu Dixit Project
- Navjot Singh Sidhu (Former Cricketer and Member of Parliament)
- The event will be a live webcast on ustream.tv and tedxchd.com
Who Can Be A TEDx Participant?
Anyone with a passion for changing things; innovating things; or sharing ideas that are worth sharing can be a TEDxParticipant. Because the number of seats at TEDxCHD is limited anyone willing to participate will need to go through registration form which will be manually reviewed before your registration is approved.
The essay questions are our only way to take a quick insight into your mind; thought process and what you stand for.
At TEDxCHD we are trying our best to give each participant the best TED-like moments and in our attempt to do so we are constantly looking out for the most interesting participants to invite from everyone who applies. We hope you keep some time aside to fill the essay questions such that your answers reflect your personality and help us know you better.
Spread The Word.
Tell your friends, colleagues or any smart individuals you might know who you think might be a good fit for TEDxCHD participation.
Join us on Web
If you have a twitter account, follow us at @TEDxCHD and provide spread the word through twitter. Facebook users can add us here.
Help Us Get A Sponsor.
Introduce us to a sponsor you might know personally or professionally. Help with the whole process of getting them onboard to sponsor parts of TEDxCHD in cash or in kind.
In case you have any questions; queries or suggestions about TEDxCHD participation; ‘TEDxCHD well-wisher’ program or the event itself; feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org