Some of you might be aware about OSSCamp and what it is. But for those whom this word seems to be new and different, let me slate the meaning of the word OSSCamp and its aim.
OSSCamp means Open Source Software Camp, which is a series of community driven unconferences targetted specifically at promoting FOSS implementation and development in India.
As Digimantra’s main focus is on promoting Open Source technologies and we share knowledge among the community, so would like you all people to attend this camp and help us promote Open Source in India through OSSCamp and like events.
OSSCamp is a happening community and just 2 weeks back they have finished their We are Free Blogging Contenst, in which Digimantra sponsored 3 .in domains to promote blogging on open source via osscamp’s official website.
There are plenty of reasons to attend OSSCamp, only if you need one.
- If I were you, I would drop in at OSSCamp to atleast meet people who all are technology aspirants and who knows where in life you can get benefit from these links- selfish ?
- You get a bright new tshirt there, branded with OSSCamp
- Everything is just free, all the sessions, food, ambiance, and even internet.
- If you are technology geek, you can learn a lot more about the Open Source technologies and where the world is really heading too.
- A nice chillax for the weekend to meet more than 150 different people who breathe about Open Source.
But I am not geek, now what ?
Well OSSCamp is not designed for particularly geeks. It is designed for community which means you, me and everyone who uses Open source software. If you use FireFox, Ubuntu or anyother Linux distro then you have got it in your brain. You are just part of us, the only thing is that you never realized. And above all there is no test before you can enter the OSSCamp venue, so why go and check it out yourself ?
Ok I am convinced, How do I register ?
Great, I knew you will be convinced after reading this post. As I said you need not to pass any exam to attend OSSCamp, all you have to do is to register on OSScamp’s website and reach the venue on time.
1) Register yourself for the OSSCamp.
2) Be there :
Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology
Sector 3, Dwarka, New Delhi
Dates for the Camp:
From: Saturday, 5 September 2009 (9am – onwards)
To: Sunday, 6 September 2009 (9am – onwards)
For more information you can contact Digimantra’s Open Source author Kinshuk on his mobile +91-9910024895.
Stay Digified !!