Firefox 4 has location awareness enabled by default. When location awareness is enabled the sites can request for the physical location of your system. This will help the website to serve the content according to your current location.
However, there are times when you do not want that to be enabled by default. Here is how to do so –
1) Open Firefox.
2) Type about:config in the address bar to open the browser’s configuration.
3) Click on the “I’ll be careful, I promise !” button to continue for the configuration.
4) In the search filter type geo. and you will see the value, geo.enabled
5) Double click on it to change it from true to false
6) Restart the browser to save the changes.
Hope this helps.
Stay Digified !!